Laponite® RD is a synthetic layered silicate. It is insoluble in water but hydrates and swells to give clear and colourless colloidal dispersions. At concentrations of 2% or greater in water, highly thixotropic gels can be produced. Used for imparting a shear sensitive structure to a wide range of waterborne formulations. These include household and industrial surface coatings, cleansers, ceramic glazes, agrochemical, oilfield
and horticultural products.
- Application Bulletin: Thickening And Stabilization Of Liquid Cleaners For Household And Industry (English) - Google Translate
- Laponite: Des Additifs Performants (French) - Google Translate
- Laponite: Funktionale Additive (German) - Google Translate
- Laponite: Performance Additives (English) - Google Translate
- Laponite® Frequently Asked Questions (English) - Google Translate
MSDS / SDS
- LAPONITE® IN SYNERGISTIC COMBINATIONS WITH POLYMER THICKENERS (English) - Google Translate
- LAPONITE® RD IN "SPRAY WITH CLING" BLEACH CLEANERS (English) - Google Translate
- PHOSPHORUS-FREE LAPONITE® SOLS (English) - Google Translate
Byk Chemie is a manufacturer and developer of materials for liquid Household, Industrial, and Institutional Cleaner applications. Laponite® silicates provide stability, purity, and whiteness. Optigel® gellants are stabilizing, anti-settling, temperature resistance, and thickening agents. Byk Chemie'sTIXOGEL® silicates work to thicken solvent formulations and stabilize water-in-oil emulsions.
No additional documentation is available. Please visit the supplier's website to contact them for further information.