Ahiflower™ Oil is a Nature's Crops brand of Buglossoides arvensis seed oil from the Boraginacea family. It contains two nutritionally-important Omega 3 and 6 essential fatty acids; stearidonic acid (SDA) and gamma-linolinic acid (GLA). Ahiflower™ Oil is a domestically-produced, plant-based source of omega 3 fatty acid (suitable for vegetarians and vegans). This product contains high levels of SDA, which converts more efficiently to EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DPA (docosapentaenoic acid) than oils containing ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) such as flaxseed oil.
Ahiflower™ Oil is non-genetically modified, and produced under sustainable and environmentally responsible crop production methods following TCI’s proprietary Crop Assured 365® identity preservation and quality assurance system. It is derived from plants, thus removing the risk of contaminants sometimes associated with fish oil. Once commercialized, Ahiflower™ Oil is expected to have applications in nutritional foods, nutraceuticals, personal care, and pharmaceuticals.
- Ahiflower™ Oil Datasheet (English)
- Ahiflower™ Oil (English)
- Ahiflower™ Comparison Chart (English)
- Ahiflower™ Oil- A Proprietary New Oil Offering A Rich, Plant-Based Source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids (English)
- Crop Assured 365® (English)
Nutritional & Analytical Information
Login to view Nutritional & Analytical Information below
|Total Fat||- g/100g|
Technology Crops International is a premier supplier of organic, non-GM, and expeller pressed oils for the Food and Beverage Industry. Along with a selection of oils from high oleic sunflower, high erucic acid rapeseed, cuphea, lesquerella, camelina, meadowfoam, calendula, echium and crambe, Technology Crops also engages in the development, commercialization, evaluation, and delivery of oilseed crops.
Technology Crops International
Technology Crops International makes their documentation available in the regions indicated below:
- Fats, Oils & Fatty Acids ~ Nut, Seed and Kernel Oils
- Fats, Oils & Fatty Acids ~ Fatty Acids ~ Omega 6 Fatty Acids ~ Gamma-Linolenic Acid
- Fats, Oils & Fatty Acids ~ Fatty Acids ~ Omega 3 Fatty Acids (Fish Oil(Omega 3))