Acrylic Acid/VP Crosspolymer
UltraThix™ P-100 is a multi-benefit, patented rheology modifier that provides the formulation chemist with a true multifunctional product that delivers an array of benefits to the formula and for the consumer, such as shear-thinning rheological properties with yield value and positive sensory perception. At a use level of only 1%, research shows that this lightly cross-linked copolymer of Vinyl Pyrrolidone (VP) and Acrylic Acid (AA) effectively provides enhanced styling benefits including high high humidity curl retention, allowing for the formulation of cost-effective styling gels. Additionally, in skin care formulas, it offers emulsion stabilization, reduces tack and improves aesthetics of hydroalcoholic sprays, and enhances skin feel properties.
- UltraThix™ P-100 Datasheet (English)
- Ashland Care Specialties: Advancing Skin Care with Science (English)
- Ashland Polymers for Water-Resistant Sun Care and High-Performing Color Cosmetics (English)
- Ashland Skin Care Application Chart (English)
- Hair Care Ingredients Portfolio (English)
- ISP Captivates™: Adding Uniqueness and Noblesse to Personal Care Products (English)
- Sun Care Technologies- Application Chart (English)
- Sun Care Technologies- Overview Guide (English)
Ashland Inc. develops and produces a comprehensive line of biofunctionals, fixative and styling polymers, bioadhesives, and rheology and conditioning polymers for the Personal Care industry. To help formulators create blockbuster innovations, Ashland Inc. focuses on breakthrough chemistries that deliver advanced performance properties in hair care, skin care, sun care, and oral care products.