Myritol® 331 is a modified coconut oil that is a medium spreading emollient with very good emulsifiability. It is particularly suited for suncare formulations due to its solubilizing capacity for crystalline UV filters and dispersing properties for pigments. This product is a low viscous, clear, slightly yellowish oil with faint inherent odor, and a spreading value of approx. 750 mm²/10 min. Myritol® 331 has a saponification value of 265-295, a refractive index (20°C) of 1.4500 - 1.4600, and a density (20°C) of 0.930-0.940 g/cm³.
- Myritol® 331 Datasheet (English)
- Fill the Spreading Gap with Our Medium Spreading Emollients (English)
- Formulation Easy Guide (English)
- Messenews 2007 (English)
- Personal Care Emollients (English)
- The Complete Care Package NYSCC Suppliers’ Day 2011 Featured Products (English)
BASF Care Creations develops and produces a comprehensive portfolio of raw materials for the Personal Care industry such as effect pigments, emollients, complexing agents, neutralizers, setting polymers, conditioning polymers, rheology modifiers, UV filters, mild surfactants, solubilizers, emulsifiers, and solvents. These ingredients are ideal in color cosmetics and hair, oral, skin and sun care products.