Dynasylan® GLYMO is a bifunctional organosilane possessing a reactive organic epoxide and hydrolyzable inorganic methoxysilyl groups. The dual nature of its reactivity allows Dynasylan® GLYMO to bind chemically to both inorganic materials (e.g. glass, metals, fillers) and organic polymers (e.g. thermosets, thermoplastics, elastomers), thus functioning as an adhesion promoter, crosslinking agent and/or surface modifier.
Dynasylan® GLYMO is a colorless low viscosity liquid with a slight terpentine-like odor. It is soluble in alcohols, ketones and aliphatic or aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Dynasylan® GLYMO Datasheet (English)
Evonik Industries AG manufactures organofunctional silanes and Multifunctional Silane Systems™ for the Paints and Coatings Industry. Evonik’s Dynasylan® brand of functional silanes enhance high-performance Coatings by improving adhesion between organic and inorganic surfaces, treating pigments to prevent oxidation during processing, and treating pigments or fillers to compatibilize them with resin.
Evonik Industries AG Functional Silanes
Evonik Industries AG Functional Silanes makes their documentation available in the regions indicated below:
CategoriesRaw Materials Categories
- Binders / Resins ~ Crosslinkers / Chain Extenders ~ Silicon Based Compounds ~ Silanes
- Additives ~ Surfactants ~ Silicon Based Compounds ~ Silanes
- Additives ~ Crosslinkers / Chain Extenders ~ Silicon Based Compounds ~ Silanes ~ Epoxy Functional
- Additives ~ Adhesion Promoters ~ Silicon Based Compounds ~ Silanes ~ Epoxy Functional