Recorded Thursday, October 25 – Presented by Lubrizol Engineered Polymers
Mobile devices have become increasingly innovative, with the inclusion of full-sized screens, 3-dimensional glass, and sophisticated cameras and video recording devices. These fantastic devices are now incredibly important in the daily life of millions of consumers across the globe – for productivity, entertainment, social engagement, connectedness, even self-image.
As functionality has increased, so has the concentration of fragile components. At the same time, consumer expectations have also risen, demanding even greater durability and better aesthetics from their mobile devices.
Consumers want cases for their mobile devices that deliver protection as well as tactile, visual and artistic appeal. Discoloring; blooming that leads to smudges and fingerprints; scratches and cracking – all are undesirable to consumers and diminish their level of satisfaction with mobile devices.
To overcome those issues, Lubrizol introduces Estane® SKN TPU, an anti-blooming, high transparency TPU that provides superior aesthetics, protection and design flexibility for mobile phones and electronic devices. Ideal for OEMs and polymer processors / molders, Estane® SKN TPUs delivers:
- Anti-blooming to help maintain a superior, clean appearance of mobile devices
- Water-white transparency to help showcase the original mobile device design attributes
- A scratch and crack resistant solution to help protect devices from damage and accidents
Additional benefits include:
- Good bonding to PC/ABS for flexibility in adapting to different design requirements
- Good UV resistance to reduce yellowing due to sunshine and other UV exposure
- Good mold-ability to ensure high production efficiency
- Easy coloring to meet design requirements
Estane® SKN TPU grades are suitable for use in applications including:
- High transparent mobile phone protective cases
- Molded parts for electronics devices
Download the slides (for Prospector Members only)
The views, opinions and technical analyses presented here are those of the author or advertiser, and are not necessarily those of ULProspector.com or UL. The appearance of this content in the UL Prospector Knowledge Center does not constitute an endorsement by UL or its affiliates.
All content is subject to copyright and may not be reproduced without prior authorization from UL or the content author.
The content has been made available for informational and educational purposes only. While the editors of this site may verify the accuracy of its content from time to time, we assume no responsibility for errors made by the author, editorial staff or any other contributor.
UL does not make any representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy, applicability, fitness or completeness of the content. UL does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of sites listed or linked to in any content.
Leave a Reply or Comment